ASG Alameda County Chapter May Meeting & brown bag lunch
May 21st 10am – 3pm
$10 members, $15 Non-members
San Ramon – United Methodist Church
19901 San Ramon Valley Blvd
Learn the secrets to making a classic shirt
We will present a demo on how to sew an easy collar and make the sleeve placket and cuff look like its professionally made.
Shirt Making Supply list:
1) Shirt Pattern - Look for a pattern with a placket and collar stand: Such as
Sewaholic Granville. Grainline Archer. Simplicity 8053. Butterick B5526.
2) Shirt Fabric (cutout with interfacing fused if using fusible)
3) Sewing Machine, Basic Sewing Supplies and don’t forget Thread
4) If you have a portable iron and small ironing surface, we can always use irons!
5) Scrap fabric or Muslin to practice collar stand and placket demos if you would like to make a sample.
This might be a chance to work on the challenge too.
For those who attended Dolin O'Shea's trunk show or bought the book at the February meeting, make a garment from the book and wear it to the May meeting for a little show and tell.